Big Rig, Semi-Truck, Tractor-Trailer & 18-Wheeler Accidents in Southern California
If you were injured in an accident involving a large commercial truck like a tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler, you may have experienced serious injuries. Your vehicle was most likely significantly damaged. You will need to recover money for your medical bills, property damage, and other financial losses or injuries if you are to rebuild your life.
Talking to a Los Angeles truck accident lawyer is an important step to take after an accident of this kind. You may be entitled to compensation, but without legal counsel, you may find that the insurance provider will try to unfairly deny your claim, say you caused the accident, or offer an unreasonably low settlement. Gomez-Garcia Law, Inc. can level the playing field to help you get the money you need.
Statute of Limitations - California
In the state of California, an injury claim must be filed within 2 years of the accident. If that deadline is missed, then you no longer have the legal right to file for compensation for your injuries or property damage, so it's important to act quickly. In the case of truck accidents, it's especially important to act quickly so the details of the accident are fresh in your memory. This will help you build a strong case to file against the truck driver, trucking company, or both, depending on the details of your accident.
We Help Commercial Truck Accident Victims Seek Justice
It is no big surprise that the people most likely to be injured in truck accidents are not the drivers of the large trucks but the occupants of other vehicles or non-occupants, like pedestrians or bicyclists. A fully-loaded big rig or semi-truck may weigh up to 80,000 pounds. When it is involved in a collision, its immense size and weight can literally crush anything in its path. Truck accidents cause catastrophic injuries and unnecessary fatalities.
At Gomez-Garcia Law, Inc., we fight to help truck accident victims in and around Los Angeles recover the money they need for medical bills, emotional trauma, lost wages, and the other losses or injuries they have suffered.
We accomplish this by:
- Carefully reviewing and compiling medical records and other documentation to show the full extent of injury that a victim has experienced.
- Investigating the truck accident itself, involving private investigators and accident reconstruction professionals as needed to determine its cause.
- Gathering evidence that proves the liability of the individual or company that should be held responsible for the accident. This may be a truck driver, trucking company, loading company, or other party.
- Negotiating with the insurance company to seek a fair settlement.
- If needed, taking a truck accident claim to civil court all the way through to a jury trial to seek a fair award.
Through every step of your case, you can count on your Los Angeles truck accident attorney to keep you informed, to answer your questions, and to offer you the support you need.
Call (888) 487-8133 today or fill out this form to get started.