Legal Solutions for Premises Liability Claims
If you were hurt on somebody else's property by a slip, trip, or fall, the negligent property owner may be liable for your injuries and the costs associated with your care and recovery. While your first instinct may be to write this accident off as clumsiness, a slip and fall at a business or private property can actually be very serious, and you may not be responsible.
We can help if your slip and fall resulted from any of the following:
- A negligent action
- A preventable incident
- The property owner's failure to keep their property safe
- The property was being used for something it is not intended for
- There was insufficient lighting, repairs, or warnings
Turn to Gomez-Garcia Law, Inc. to discuss your situation with our Los Angeles slip and fall attorneys. We can be reached at (888) 487-8133.
Types of Trip & Fall Accidents
Slips, trips, and falls can occur for a variety of reasons and result in a range of injuries.
Common causes of slip and falls include:
- Torn carpeting, broken tile, loose floorboards, or broken cement
- Spills that were not cleaned
- Sticky or slippery floors
- Icy walkways
- Improperly maintained or overgrown yards or outdoor paths
- Insufficient lighting
- Insufficient or improper warnings of potential hazards
- Improper fencing around swimming pools
- Unsecured cords or wires
- Unmaintained stairwells
The above circumstances can lead bruising, sprains, broken bones, torn muscles or ligaments, head and neck injuries, spinal injuries, hip injuries, concussion, bleeding, and more. Even if a victim doesn't initially think their injuries are serious, symptoms can become worse over time. This is why it is important that slip and fall victims see a doctor and follow up with their initial appointment. Your healthcare provider will keep a record of your symptoms, including any worsening injuries, as they treat your injuries. Your Los Angeles slip and fall attorney can then use your medical record in your claim for compensation.